[OS X TeX] Scripting

Jerome Laurens Jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Sat Jun 29 09:25:46 CEST 2002

Ross Moore wrote:

> > Hi Folks
> >
> > I want to write a script which will take a Word file and convert some of
> > the most common character formatting in that file and replace it with
> > latex commands. So, for example if a string of characters is italisized
> > in word the script will replace it with that string surrounded by
> > \textit{}. And so on for some other bits of formatting that will not
> > convert with find/replace in Word.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions, for a scripting novice, of which
> > scripting language would best accomplish this? Should I learn Perl,
> > Applescript or what?
>
> Definitely Perl.

I doubt Perl is aware of Microsoft Word file formats. I am afraid using
Perl underlies some reverse ingeneering on the word files except perhaps
for rtf ones, and except if someone has already done the work...

AppleScript could be a good alternative if MS Word gives sufficient
control to apple scripts

IMHO, it might be more practical to simply use MS Word macros. At least
it should be...

"help" (no quotes) in the body.