[OS X TeX] Styles or macros for preparing posters, and how to use TeXShop for this

ccr-mactex at creutzig.de ccr-mactex at creutzig.de
Wed Jun 12 15:26:37 CEST 2002

Ross Moore <ross at ics.mq.edu.au> writes:

> Another is to prepare your material at a smaller size, then scale it up
> upon printing, or importing into another document/application.

> The advantage in doing it this way lies in setting-up consistent
> font sizes, especially for super/subscripts and mathematics.

 The disadvantage is that you are not using, say, a 72pt-Font, but a
scaled-up 18pt one.  Unfortunately(!!) this doesn't make any
difference with most Postscript fonts you get these days, but with
fonts of high technical quality such as Adobe Minion, it does.
Whether a 72pt font matches your intended use better or worse than a
scaled 18pt one, I can't decide -- but keep in mind that they are
different beasts!

--
Attachment? Nein: http://piology.org/ILOVEYOU-Signature-FAQ.html
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.txt.vbs