[OS X TeX] Styles or macros for preparing posters, and how to use TeXShop for this

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Jun 2 02:04:23 CEST 2002

> Le 1/06/02 21:07, __Bruno Voisin__ <Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr> a _crit_:
>
> > - Are there LaTeX styles/macros aimed specially at doing posters ? I'm
> > using the slides class for the moment.
>
> \documentclass{a0poster}
> >
> > - I use \setlength{\paperwidth} {841mm} and
> > \setlength{\paperheight}{1189mm} to make LaTeX aware of A0 paper size, I
> > use the A0 printer driver (it's a PRINEO printer) and I define the paper
> > size to be A0 in TeXShop's "Page Setup" menu item for this printer.
>
> If you are using pdflatex, you have to configure it for your page dimensions
> (using \pdfpageheiht/width primitives).

This is certainly one approach.
Another is to prepare your material at a smaller size, then scale it up
upon printing, or importing into another document/application.

A0 = 400% x A4
A1 = 200% x A3
(each level of 'A' size is scaled \sqrt{2} from the previous,
so that the area doubles/halves, whichever way you look at it.)

The advantage in doing it this way lies in setting-up consistent
font sizes, especially for super/subscripts and mathematics.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> Try this
>
> \documentclass[a0,portrait]{a0poster}