[Mac OS X TeX] Compatibility of Texshop-generated pdf files with acrobat

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Sun Jan 20 11:53:53 CET 2002

On Saturday, January 19, 2002, at 05:56 , Warren Nagourney wrote:

> The problem is in the files generated using TeXshop (actually Preview).
> If I preview these and incorporate them into my multi-page Acrobat
> document, Acrobat often complains that there are "fonts with duplicate
> names in the font subset" (more or less  - this is from memory) and
> either refuses to import the pdf or does so with many characters left
> out or simply corrupted. On the other hand, the pdf file displays fine
> when displayed alone.

This might be because you use TeX+dvips+ghostscript and the ghostscript
is old. It is ild because the newer one has worse problems on Mac OS X.

Maybe you can use pdftex directly instead. In case you have eps files to
include, distill them to pdf first.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.