[Mac OS X TeX] Font problems in 10.1.2

B. Farwer farwer at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Thu Jan 10 22:46:05 CET 2002

For some time now I have been using the CM.ps fonts and the FauxTeX.ps
fonts by Selwyn Hollis <http://home.earthlink.net/~slhollis/fonts/> for
use in graphics created in OmniGraffle/Illustrator. Until recently they
have worked beautifully both in MacOS 8-9 and in MacOS X. All of a
sudden, they have stopped working, though. It seems that after the
update to Mac OS X 10.1.2 they crash every application as soon as I try
to print a document containing any font(s) out of your packages.

I tried installing them on a different machine, but to no avail,
although the effect is slightly different. On the second machine, the
attempt to print does not crash the application but sends data to the
printer which is blocked thereafter and never prints anything.

The machines are:

iBook (dual USB) [the one crashing the apps]
Cube 450

The printers tried:
HP LaserJet 5M
HP LaserJet 6MP

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Berndt

Berndt Farwer (farwer at informatik.uni-hamburg.de)
University of Hamburg, Dept. of Computer Science
Vogt-Kölln-Str. 30, D-22527 Hamburg, Germany

phone:  +49 40 42883-2237
fax :   +49 40 42883-2246

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.