[Mac OS X TeX] New Console warnings

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Fri Jan 25 06:49:16 CET 2002

Hi

I've just installed the new LiveTEX-teTeX and the installer ran fine and
everything seems ok.

But---running Context now gives the following message in the console
that it did not gibe before

bodyfont       : bodyfont 15.3pt is defined (can beter be done global)
bodyfont       : bodyfont 15.3pt is defined (can beter be done global)
bodyfont       : bodyfont 17.6pt is defined (can beter be done global)
bodyfont       : bodyfont 17.6pt is defined (can beter be done global)

And so on and so on for about twenty different body font  sizes. This
seems to imply that I am doing something sub-optimally. Is that right?
Should something have been beter (sic) done globally? If so what?

There is another message which is common to the new and older
installation:

system         : cont-new loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
system (E-TEX) : [line 202] \ifcsname
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex

Is it the case that the Context macros are not fully updated, and what
significance, if any, does that have for users?

Thanks

Adrian Heathcote