[Mac OS X TeX] OT? - Print command

tom keyes keyes at chem.bu.edu
Mon Jan 14 23:37:07 CET 2002

Hi All,
 I was happy to learn about the Print command - first time I tried it I was
able to print a ps file using an appletalk printer name, no problem.
However today, having changed nothing I'm aware of:

[chem-dhcp-146:~/Documents] tom% Print -P PET keyes_reic.ps
ERROR: Unable to print.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Also, the reason I wanted to print to an
appletalk name in the first place is that when i set up my new HP2200 as an
lpr printer it did not automatically get entered in netinfo manager.
However that *had* always happened before  I don't know if the OS upgrades
have broken this feature (currently at 10.1.2). Anyone know? I suppose I'll
try to enter the printer in netinfomanager, sure can't find any printcaps.

Tom

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.