[Mac OS X TeX] TeXShop crashing OS X

John Vokey vokey at uleth.ca
Fri Jan 4 17:42:45 CET 2002

The following has happened twice to me in one day:

Fresh install of OS X 10.1.2 and fresh install of the latest version of
TeXShop on a Cube with .75 gig of RAM.  No other apps running but Classic
(9.2.2) is active.  Launch TexShop, compile a LaTeX file, and a pdf window
of that file is produced.  Nice.  Click on the source window to bring to the
front; window moves to the front, disappears momentarily, reappears and
brings the whole OS to a grinding halt: mouse frozen, even force-quit wont
work.  A complete re-boot is required.  Local gremlins (seems unlikely, give
the clean install), or something wonky with TexShop?
--
...when two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the
truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible

John R. Vokey, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
University of Lethbridge

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.