[Mac OS X TeX] Editors - some questions

Fredrik Wallenberg fwallenberg at mac.com
Thu Feb 21 23:19:00 CET 2002

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 02:03 , Peter Erwin wrote:

>    [] Rectangular selections (for isolating columns, etc.)
>
>    [] Partial auto-completion of various TeX macros (useful for me
> because
> I do a fair amount of math-mode stuff).  E.g., type _ and Alpha will
> automatically add {} and put the cursor inside the brackets.
>
>    [] Smart LaTeX quotation marks (type " and it automatically becomes
> ``
> for opening or '' for closing, and it's usually pretty good at guessing
> which
> are needed; type DELETE to turn it into genuine ")

These are the only ones that I don't know if BBEdit has. For all the
others all I could do was say "check".

I am using BBEdit (the full version) and love it. While I did look at
Alpha briefly I found that it became too complicated with too many
options. BBEdit is just much "cleaner" to work with (IMHO).

Fredrik