[Mac OS X TeX] False alarm: Warning on Mac OS X 10.1.3 and TeX.dmg

Philippe Lelédy phl at leledy.org
Tue Feb 26 19:19:13 CET 2002

Le dimanche 24 février 2002, à 11:10 , Gerben Wierda a écrit :

> False alarm.
>
> On Sunday, February 24, 2002, at 09:58 , Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
>> I have just discovered that the ncurses tcdialog utility that is
>> behind the interactive part of texconfig crashes on Mac OS X 10.1.3
>> (where it works fine on earlier versions of Mac OS X).
>>
>> I will try to investigate, but this might be a tough nut to crack. So
>> be warned: when upgrading to Mac OS X 10.1.3 you might actually loose
>> the ability to run the interactive mode of texconfig.
>
> I have discovered the reason for this problem and it was a local
> setting.

I think I have the same wrong setting:

'xterm': unknown terminal type   [ so crashes texconfig ]

Error opening terminal: xterm   [ so crash lynx & dselect ]

WARNING: terminal is not fully functional  [ so warns less ]

can you explain your fix ?

Thanks a lot.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.