[Mac OS X TeX] Fink, system-tetex, and latex2html

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 18 12:41:56 CET 2002

Michael Murray wrote:

> mac[user]% sudo fink install netpbm-bin
> Password:
> Reading package info...
> Information about 723 packages read in 36 seconds.
> pkg netpbm  version bin
> Failed: no matching version found for netpbm

In this case, the explanation I gave might not be right. I assumed that
you had, like me, updated to the latest CVS version of the fink package
descriptions. If you still have the netpbm-9.24-1 package, I don't know
what happened. To find out, you could do:

- fink list netpbm (to know where you are exactly)
- fink rebuild latex2html (This does not take long, and in the configure
messages you will probably see why it thinks no image format is
available.)
In may case it said:

  checking for pnmcrop... no
  Warning: Will not be able to generate images due to above failure.

It did not find the pnmcrop program, because it was not installed.
pnmcrop is (now) installed by the netpbm-bin package, and I think it
used to be installed by the netpbm (<= 9.24-1) package.

--
Martin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.