[Mac OS X TeX] latex2rtf on mac os x

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Sun Feb 24 22:44:13 CET 2002

> Hi
> I need a good! tool which lets  me convert my .tex or my .pdf in .rtf or
> .doc. Anybody who could recommend me a good tool!
> thanks a lot

The recommended ways are to process your .tex file into HTML first,
using either TeX4ht or LaTeX2HTML (my preference),
then read the HTML document using M$Word, and resave as RTF or whatever.

This way you get a reliable translation of the text and TeX-typeset
images of the mathematics and figures.
Also, you get an HTML version that can be read on any platform,
without requiring proprietary software. (Indeed, it may be that
you decide that you don't really need to go the last step.)

Expect to do some adjustment of optional parameters for the translation
to HTML, to suit the contents of your document, and/or adjust the
resolution of the generated images.

Better still is to convince your intended recipient to accept PDF;
so just use pdfTeX for the best possible quality that your
manuscript deserves.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore

> christoph

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.