[Mac OS X TeX] eps drawings (Mac OS X)

Arun Mangalam arun_mangalam at mac.com
Sat Feb 9 00:26:49 CET 2002

What is something that a normal TeX-er would use that needs Illustrator?
just curious, since I maybe missing out on something here.

xfig works nicely under rootless X [use fink to install easily].

Also, if you have an inclination for an elegant mathematical approach
graphics, then MetaPost is very nice. By giving only some contextual
information, it is able to figure out the rest [using linear equations].
For example, you could specify the size and location of objects relative
to each other, and specify tangent lines to a curve, etc.

Like Berndt says below, OmniGraffle is very nice. I got to play with it,
since a fully licensed version came with the new G4's.

- Arun

On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 04:53 PM, Fredrik Wallenberg wrote:

> Agree... but as indicated, you can also use Illustrator (and there are
> some things that you cannot do with OmniGraffle... or Stone's Create).
>
> Fredrik
>
> On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 01:26 PM, B. Farwer wrote:
>

>> OmniGraffle (in combination with OmniOutliner to produce hierarchical
>> diagrammes). It produces beautiful graphics in a fraction of the time
>> it used to take me in Illustrator. Exports to all main formats
>> including EPS and PDF.
>>
>> Berndt
>>
>> On Freitag, Februar 8, 2002, at 10:20 , <get86 at mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What are OS X'ers using to produce eps drawings?

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.