[Mac OS X TeX] Re: Bib Managers under OS X

Juan Falgueras juanfc at lcc.uma.es
Thu Feb 7 10:42:37 CET 2002

18:28 -0800 6/2/02, Michael McCracken escribe:
>...A short description:
>It reads & writes (most) BibTeX .bib files and plays within the format
>Allows easy browsing of annotations (and nifty typeset preview)
>Searches for text in any entry
>Quick search helps find the right document in long databases
>Drag n' Drop (and Copy/Paste) citations into TeX documents
>
>Many more features are planned, such as printing with annotations, etc.
>
>The sequence that I had in mind (and works *now*) is:
>1 - find a paper on citeseer or researcher's web page
>2 - drag bibtex entry into my application
>3 - add a note
>4 - drag citation into tex paper.
>
>Let me know if this is what you had in mind.

	- regexps
	- formatting with some degree of user control/preferences
	- easily adding of new entries, defining in prefs the wanted fields
	- merging of databases managing key conflicts
	- searching and purging of duplicates
	- statistics

more could be added.  See the Alpha text editor' BibTex mode, dump
`man bibtool` etc.

--
  juan

"help" (no quotes) in the body.