[Mac OS X TeX] Re: Trying to get something Alpha-ish in Mac OS X

jguyer at his.com jguyer at his.com
Wed Feb 20 19:09:33 CET 2002

:
:
> 3. Difficulty of changing fonts and line endings (Mac v. Unix v. DOS).

I have no argument (and actually share most of your frustrations) with your
other Alpha gripes, but I'm a bit perplexed by this one. Line endings are
changed with a popup in the status bar, which is always displayed, and fonts
are changed via a rather primitive, but not very deeply buried, dialog under
the Config menu.

What's difficult?

> Alpha X (which I would surely try if
> it came out...).

It's in private alfalfa testing right now. I'm not going to guess on release
dates (and I don't particularly recommend believing any such guesses you've
read here
before).

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.