[Mac OS X TeX] Re: fink and latex2html

david craig dac at panix.com
Wed Feb 20 09:10:00 CET 2002

The suggestions made here have worked -- sort-of.  The change noted to
/sw/lib/latex2html/l2hconf.pm *does* let latex2html run, but no images
are generated.

Indeed, during fink rebuild latex2html I get

Error: could not determine gs version
Warning: Will not be able to generate images due to above failure.

(I do have fink's ghostscript installed in addition to the copy that
comes with Gerben's tetex, presumably due to system-tetex, since I
didn't do it deliberately:

fink list ghostscript
Reading package info...
Information about 320 packages read in 2 seconds.
 i  ghostscript     7.02-2      Interpreter for the PostScript language and...
 i  ghostscript-fon 6.0-2       Standard fonts for Ghostscript
    ghostscript-nox 7.02-1      Interpreter for the PostScript language and...
    ghostscript6    6.01-1      Interpreter for the PostScript language and...
    ghostscript6-no 6.01-1      Interpreter for the PostScript language and...
 i  x-ghostscript-f 20010927-2  Allows ghostscript fonts to be used within ...)

It looks like things are close, then, but I'm not sure what to do about
the ghostscript thing.  Any ideas?

Again, since I'm on the digest version of the list personal CC's would
be appreciated.

Thanks,
David Craig

<http://www.panix.com/~dac/>