[Mac OS X TeX] Italian hyphenation - more problems!

Michel Bovani michel.bovani at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 16 15:59:54 CET 2002

Le 16/02/02 à 0:15 +0000 andrea gamba a écrit :
>Hi everybody!
>
>I followed the instructions posted on Mac OS X TeX Mailing List  on 01-02-02.
>Unfortunately, not everything seems to work properly: when I compile
>an italian latex file, I got the following message in the log file:
>Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
>(babel)                the language `Italian'
>(babel)                I will use the patterns loaded for \language=0 instead.
>Did I do something wrong?
>Did anybody already fixed this problem?

usable hyph. patterns have to be loaded in format files (at initex
step) and by default, italian patterns are not...

if you use tetex :
1 - got your main texmf tree (there is an alias for tetex in /library/)

2 - copy this file

TeTeX/share/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat

and duplicate it in your own tree (create new repertories if needed)

~/library/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat

3 - edit this file and uncomment the line
%italian	ithyph.tex

You may comment the lines for french, german, new german if you
don'use these languages (two lines for each !)

4 - save your language.dat and launch terminal

type

sudo fmtutil --all

This will rebuild all your format files...

>Thanks in advance for your help
>        Andrea Gamba

>"help" (no quotes) in the body.
>This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
>messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.