[Mac OS X TeX] Italian hyphenation - more problems!

Alessandro Languasco languasc at math.unipd.it
Sat Feb 16 12:57:26 CET 2002

Caro Andrea,

It seems to me that your format file did not recognize the italian
hyphenation.
I think you shold try to rebuild the format.

So I send you the istructions that Gerben Wierda sent me some times ago:

"Start Terminal.app. Then type:

	sudo texconfig hyphen pdflatex

where the last word is the format you use normally. This starts up yor
default unix editor (probably vi, so you need to know how vi works)
unless before that command you have set the EDITOR environment variable.

Go a few pages down. Uncomment (remove the %) from the line that defines
italian hyphenation. Maybe comment another that you do not use. Save the
file and exit. The formats that depend on that hyphenation are recreated
automatically by texconfig."

It works fine for me.

Regards,
	Alessandro Languasco

On Sabato, febbraio 16, 2002, at 01:15 , andrea gamba wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> I followed the instructions posted on Mac OS X TeX Mailing List  on
> 01-02-02.
> Unfortunately, not everything seems to work properly: when I compile an
> italian latex file, I got the following message in the log file:
> Package babel Warning: No hyphenation patterns were loaded for
> (babel)                the language `Italian'
> (babel)                I will use the patterns loaded for \language=0
> instead.
> Did I do something wrong?
> Did anybody already fixed this problem?
> Thanks in advance for your help
>        Andrea Gamba

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.