Mac OS X TeX and PDF fonts : Was [Mac OS X TeX] pdf presentations

Hemant Bhargava hkb at mac.com
Tue Feb 5 23:34:58 CET 2002

[Question: How to set up an OS X TeX (tetex) with all fonts? ]

This brings up a general question I have for setting up OSX/TeX/PDF. On
OS9, I would need to "add fonts" after installing OzTeX, specifically I
would add the CM/PS and Hidden Fonts, listed on Gary Gray's LaTeX page,
OzTeX section (see http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/versions.html). I
think I had to use ATM (adobe type manager) in order to make this all
work.

Now, as an OS X, tetex/TeXShop user, what is the protocol I should
follow after installing tetex and TeXShop?
What additional fonts need to be added?
Where do they go?
Where do I get them from?

What is this pdftex.cfg, and how do I tell it to use CM type 1 fonts?

I notice that when I print a tex-generated pdf file from Acrobat Reader,
the math fonts don't show up very well.

Thanks

- Hemant

--On Tuesday, February 5, 2002 5:45 PM +0100 Gérard Degrez
<degrez at vki.ac.be> wrote:

 >>  ------- the text and certainly the maths look really bad
 >
 > This is because you don't use type 1 fonts. Just change pdftex.cfg to
 > load the CM type1 fonts, or use any type1 font available on your
system,
 > and you'll be all set.
 >
 > Gérard Degrez

 > "help" (no quotes) in the body.
 > This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
 > messages posted by third parties.
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.