[Mac OS X TeX] Trying to get something Alpha-ish in Mac OS X

mark markds at mac.com
Tue Feb 19 16:25:32 CET 2002

  > Is there some magic to fink that I'm not understanding?

Not really. I had a nightmare of a time getting LyX to work. I got it
more or less working in the end only to discover that it was not what I
was looking for. I have never used Alpha so I don't know how good a
replacement LyX is. However, there are quite a lot of fiddles to get it
working properly.

> What editors are others of you using in Mac OS X?  Anything you
> particularly recommend as being as helpful as Alpha?

As I say, I have never used Alpha but my two preferred solutions for
LaTeX based work on MacOS X are Pepper with TeXShop and Scientific
Assistant. It might be worth looking at these.

mark.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.