[Mac OS X TeX] Bugs/Setup problems in iMacTeX

Holger Frauenrath mail at frauenrath.com
Sun Feb 10 01:19:15 CET 2002

Hi

after I have used iMacTeX, I have found the following (minor) issues,
which are either bugs or problems with my setup (in which case I would
appreciate someone's helpful advice with it) or are simply feature
requests.

- The decrompessed download file is called "iMacTeX Folder". However, it
is not a folder but a volume. It is just irritating when you do not seem
to be able to move the "folder" to the applications folder, but create an
alias instead. :-)

- The "syntax colouring", "change font", "change colour" menu items would
be better located in the (so far non-existent?) preferences

- It would be nice to have them applied to an already open document

- The "change font" menu item only seems to work once: if you open it the
first time, a tab with the different text types (commands, comments ...)
shows up, so you can select and change them. Now, when you close the font
selection palette and click on "Change font" again, this tab does not show
up anymore, so you actually cannot make any changes anymore. Quitting and
reopening the app will make the tab appear again (for one time)

- The "change colour" menu item seems to have similar problems. First of
all, a tab similar to the one in the "change font" palette would be useful
(or should it display one?). The first time you open this palette, you can
select text, and change its colour. The second time you open this palette,
  the palette is screwed up (i.e. the colour selctor circle being pushed to
the top etc.), and it does not work properly anymore. Again, quitting the
app, and reopening it will fix the palette

Having said this, I can also say that TeXing some of my documents has not
resulted in any bigger problems than the ones reported.

Regards
Holger

--
Dr. Holger Frauenrath
Department of Materials and Life Sciences

Phone: (847) 491-5950
Fax: (847) 491-3010
Email: mail at frauenrath.com
Web: www.frauenrath.com