[Mac OS X TeX] Fink, system-tetex, and latex2html

Chip Brock brock at pa.msu.edu
Sun Feb 17 15:46:47 CET 2002

hi
I've been wondering about latex2html and intrigued that you've managed to do
it. However, I'm not sure I understand the ultimate result here. Can you
summarize that previous exachange regarding what needs to be done? I've
already got tetex installed (I use TexShop) and also fink (although I didn't
install TexShop via fink).

thanks!

Chip Brock

Raymond Brock  *  Professor of Physics
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Michigan State University  *  East Lansing, MI  48824
brock at pa.msu.edu

cell..............(517)927-5447
hep office........(517)353-1693
open fax..........(517)355-6661
secure fax........(517)351-0688
Fermilab office...(630)840-2286
CERN Office:...40 5-C31 * 76-71258

Home:     http://www.pa.msu.edu/~brock/
Snowmass: http://snowmassserver.snowmass2001.org/Working_Group_E4/

On 2/17/02 1:33 AM, "david craig" <dac at panix.com> wrote:

> I have Gerben's tetex (latest, I think) installed.  I tried to use fink
> to install latex2html and system-tetex, per the advice of David Morrison
> last week on this list.  Both were "sort of" installed, apparently, but
> it's clear that there's some conflict at work here and I haven't a clue
> where to begin to sort it all out.
>
> latex2html just doesn't work.  On a trivial file it gives
>
> Error: No such image type ''.
>      This installation supports (first is default):
>
> [yes, that's all, and it quits to the command line.]
>
> Run 'fink update-all' and it wants
>
> The following 4 packages will be installed or updated:
> libpng system-tetex wget zlib
> The following additional package will be installed:
> libpng-shlibs
>
> When it tries to run, however, it fails:
>
> Preparing to replace system-tetex 20010808-1 (using
> .../system-tetex_20010808-2_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
>
> It looks like you may have teTex installed .. will check for some files
> ..
>
> Unpacking replacement system-tetex ...
> dpkg: error processing
> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/text/system-tetex_20010808-2_
> darwin-powerpc.deb (--install):
> trying to overwrite `/sw/etc/texmf.local', which is also in package
> latex2html
>
> /sw/fink/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/text/system-tetex_20010808-2_
> darwin-powerpc.deb
> ### dpkg failed, exit code 1
> Failed: can't install package system-tetex-20010808-2
>
> Now, after seeing this for the first time I checked /sw/etc and saw a
> link there
>
> texmf.local@ -> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local
>
> I toasted it thinking that might allow fink to continue, knowing I could
> then re-create it if fink didn't do it for me.  Oddly, fink still gves
> me the same error even without this link.  Same thing if I rename the
> link's target, /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local. Those were my only
> ideas, and now I'm just stumped.  Any clue what's going on here, and how
> I can get system-tetex updated and latex2html working?
>
> CC's directly to me will be appreciated, as I am on the digest version
> of the list.
>
> Thanks,
> David Craig
>

> <http://www.panix.com/~dac/>

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.
> This list is not moderated, and I am not responsible for
> messages posted by third parties.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.