[Mac OS X TeX] what all the editors for X should have

Maarten Sneep sneep at nat.vu.nl
Thu Feb 21 16:11:43 CET 2002

On 21-Feb-02 Oliver Hardt wrote:
#        \item bla bla bla blabal lkh akjh akljh akjh aklha l k halahl ka
#  hlaha khahaa hahal haa halha ad as ad asd asd asd  asd asd asd ad ad
#  asd asd asd asd asd asda sasd
#
#  it should be
#
#        \item bla bla bla blabal lkh akjh akljh akjh ak
#        l k halahl ka hlaha khahaa hahal haa halha ad as
#        asd asd asd asd asd asda sasd
#
#  also, i would like it if this principle is omnipresent, so that the
#  indent in the line following a \begin{environment} is not only
#  present in the first line.
#
#  if that already works in one or all of these editors, i would really
#  be happy if someone could point it out to me and how to activate the
#  feat.  thanks!  olli.

ProjectBuilder has this feature, and I think it can be added with relatively
little trouble (even by an end-user [note: I haven't done this]) to all cocoa
programs. The difference between what you describe and what they do is

        \item adsklfjkahds
            lsadkfaoiwer
(note the extra 4 spaces)

Have a look at Mike Ferris' TextExtras
(http://www.lorax.com/FreeStuff/TextExtras.html)

Enjoy,

Maarten Sneep

And now ... you are going to dance ... like you've never danced before!
"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.