[Mac OS X TeX] [ANN] LaTeX enhanced mac-emacs (v. 1.1)

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Thu Feb 28 22:46:38 CET 2002

On February 28, Warren Nagourney writes:
> My solution was to turn off automatic unstuffing in IE (which I used
> to download the archive) and use tar and gzip to generate the proper
> directories. Then, I cd'ed into the folder and used the
> install-mac-emacs script just as suggested in the readme. Everything
> then worked

Thanks, I will be more precise in the README file of the next release.

> (though there are a number of bugs in the resulting application, one
> of which is having mouse-overs permanently select info headings in
> the help files).

It never happened to me. Anyway, I'm responsible only for the wrapping
of emacs with the drag-and-drop application, and with all the LaTeX
packages. Emacs itself comes from mac-emacs.sourceforge.net, where it
is acknoledged that this is still alpha software. Apart from its being
painfully slow in typing, and not supporting 3 buttons mice and button
modifiers, I did not encounter any major bug yet. As soon as a new
release will come out, I'll repackage it with the LaTeX stuff and post
it here.

Let me know if you have a wish list of Latex realted stuff to be
added.  For example, I'm trying to make the
preview-latex.sourceforge.net package working on this release of
emacs: this would be a previewer directly in the emacs frame, based on
gs.

cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.