[Mac OS X TeX] I need a http-server for my (TeX) distributions

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Tue Feb 26 21:17:21 CET 2002

How about asking apple to give you the space on http://homepage.mac.com?
Maybe you can get them to waive the fee for the increase in space.
Joe
On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 02:18  PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> Hello TeX-on-Mac OS X world and Mac OS X Admin world,
>
> Currently, I provide a TeX distribution (easy install) on an ftp-server
> in The Netherlands. I am changing to a new mode of distribution and
> because I use a tool developed in Cocoa and since the Cocoa class NSURL
> does not support ftp:// yet, I need a http-server. Given that the new
> mode of distribution will automate part of the upgrade process (and
> split the installation in different chunks so that I can make
> distributions and upgrades (much asked for) and given that the system
> will have to know where to look for the upgrades, I need a location
> that is stable. I also must be able to upload stuff to the location
> using rsync (either to an rsyncd or sshd).
>
> Who is willing to provide this for me?
>
> (And if Apple reads this: an upgrade of the system such that NSURL
> understands ftp would be a perfect solution).

Joseph C. Slater, PhD
Associate Professor
Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engg, Wright State University,
3640 Colonel Glenn Highway, Dayton, OH 45435
Phone: 937-775-5040, Fax: 937-775-5009,
http://www.engineering.wright.edu/~jslater

"help" (no quotes) in the body.
messages posted by third parties.