[OS X TeX] TeXShop for Jaguar/my Jaguar install crashed

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 27 06:22:33 CEST 2002

I downloaded 1.20, and syntax coloring is still very slow, although it
no longer hangs everything else up in the process. There was a problem
with the viewer that seems to have been fixed. It seemed that when it
first displayed a PDF document, the (page) forward button wouldn't
work. For example, I could click it three times and I would still be on
the first page. If I then clicked the back button once, I would find
myself on page three. After that, both the forward and back buttons
would work properly.

Did anyone else attempt an easy install of Jaguar and experience a
crash during the installation? I couldn't boot from my hard disk after
that. I then did a clean install with the archive option, and that
worked, although it completely forgot my user id and password, and I
had to sign in as super administrator and set up a new user directory
for myself. I also wound up with a root directory called Library1 in
addition to the normal Library. I moved my fonts from Library1 to
Library, crossed by fingers and deleted Library1. Everything still
works. Today I tried defragmenting my hard drive with Norton Utilities,
and that crashed. Miraculously, I can still boot properly and
everything works. I still have to reinstall teTex.

Richard Seguin

On Monday, August 26, 2002, at 10:27  AM, Richard Koch wrote:

> Folks,
>
> TeXShop 1.20 has just been released. This version is essential for
> Jaguar; earlier versions slow the system to a crawl when syntax
> coloring is applied.
>
> The program is at
>
> 	http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop
>
> This is a preliminary fix. I've been out of town on a family emergency,
> now over. Improvements in TeXShop should appear regularly over
> the next several months. I've received lots of suggestions.
>
> My apologies for the delay.
>
> Dick Koch
> koch at math.uoregon.edu

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.