[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 0.80b released

Michael McCracken michael_mccracken at mac.com
Mon Aug 5 03:06:57 CEST 2002

Hi again everyone.

BibDesk v0.80 beta is now available from
http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/~mmccrack/bibdesk.html.

You'll notice some changes and extra information on the website.
For example, the release notes and FAQ are now on separate pages, and
there is a page which explains more about using the new RSS features of
BibDesk at http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/~mmccrack/AboutRSS.html

Here's a few of the improvements and features you might be interested in:

* Type-ahead selection in publication table - type some letters in an
author's name and BibDesk select s their publications.

* Custom citations drawer - allows more convenient use of different
citation strings.

* Error reporting and editing - view errors and warnings from BibTeX
parsing in bibdesk, edit and open a copy with the changes.

* RSS generation - please see
http://www.cs.ucsd.edu/~mmccrack/AboutRSS.html

A ton of GUI tweaks:
     * Configurable table columns and quick-search keys
     * columns remember their size and position, quicksearch fields
remember their contents
     * other UI elements remember their previous settings across runs of
the application.

And lastly, an experimental new view-by-author feature that presents
publications in an outline form, grouped by author.
     NOTE: experimental means it can sometimes crash (specifically, when
configuring the toolbar) so please save your files before evaluating it.

As usual, this is beta quality software, and although I use it
regularly, I can not provide any guarantee of any kind about its
stability. I am, however, very eager to respond to bug reports and fix
bugs quickly. Please contact me with any bug reports or feature requests
at michael_mccracken at mac.com.

Thanks,
michael

PS, if you use the RSS feature, please email me a link to the file or
just a notice. I do not plan to keep a directory, but I would like to
know how many people are using it.

--
Michael McCracken
michael_mccracken at mac.com