[OS X TeX] Installing MusiXTeX

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 19 15:23:15 CEST 2002

I did read the README files, Gerben, and I tried it that way, too: I
created a series of folders to duplicate the directory hierarchy (at
least, to the best of my ability to understand the hierarchy and place
things in the right place) in /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/.  It still
didn't work.

The problem, I think, is in duplicating the directory hierarchy.  I have
literally a half-dozen LaTeX/TeX books, and I do RTAH, but it's still
not obvious to me where everything goes -- nor even what everything is!
I've install .pfb files, but I don't have a clue what they are.  I have
a general notion of what a .tfm file is, but the dvipdfm config file has
me at a total loss.

Mark