[OS X TeX] Fixed: TeXGSInstaller did not work on systems without Developer Tools

Gerben Wierda Sherlock at rna.nl
Fri Aug 16 15:07:40 CEST 2002

An oversight in my build project has left TeXGSInstaller without its own
copy of gnutar, which means it did not work properly on Mac OS X without
the availability of the Developer Tools (which also contain gnutar).
i-Installer was not affected. Both Mac OS X 10.1 and Mac OS X 10.2 were
affected.

This has been fixed. A new TeXGSInstaller download (TeX.dmg) can be
located through http://www.rna.nl/tex.html

Note: I am working on a replacement for both i-Installer version 1 and
TeXGSInstaller (and it is coming along nicely). However, that means I do
not spend too much time on the current installation. The result of which
is that the new TeXGSInstaller is a snapshot of my current TeX
environment and may (but probably will not as this has not really
changed) contain differences with respect to the previous TeXGSInstaller
as well as the current i-Installer environment. I am not aware of any
problems.

PS. The new installer will have the capability of limited interaction
with the user. Which means that interactive configuration (paper size,
languages, possibly open additional packages, etc) can be part of the
package....

"help" (no quotes) in the body.