[OS X TeX] i-Installer & Jaguar

Troy Goodson Troy.D.Goodson at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Aug 27 02:39:38 CEST 2002

I just installed OS X 10.2 and thought I'd install Gerben's TeX packages.  I ran the installer, clicked on the "check if new package version is available".  New packages were available, so I let it download them, then I tried to install

but I got these errors:

-=-=-=-=-=-=--=

### teTeX-texmf.pre_install: Started...
### teTeX-texmf.pre_install: Finished.

rcmd: getaddrinfo: No address associated with nodename
tar (grandchild): Cannot open archive /Users/tdg/Documents/Files/installers:updaters/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/Packages/teTeX-texmf.ii/teTeX-texmf.tar.gz: Input/output error
tar (grandchild): Error is not recoverable: exiting now

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/Users/tdg/Documents/Files/installers:updaters/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar: Child returned status 1
/Users/tdg/Documents/Files/installers:updaters/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Task terminated with status 2

-=-=-=-=-=-=--=

### gs6.01.pre_install: Started...
### gs6.01.pre_install: Finished.

rcmd: getaddrinfo: No address associated with nodename
tar (grandchild): Cannot open archive /Users/tdg/Documents/Files/installers:updaters/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/Packages/gs6.01.ii/gs6.01.tar.gz: Input/output error
tar (grandchild): Error is not recoverable: exiting now

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/Users/tdg/Documents/Files/installers:updaters/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar: Child returned status 1
/Users/tdg/Documents/Files/installers:updaters/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar: Error exit delayed from previous errorsTask terminated with status 2

-=-=-=-=-=-=--=

### TeXLive-bin.pre_install: Started...
### TeXLive-bin.pre_install: Finished.

rcmd: getaddrinfo: No address associated with nodename
tar (grandchild): : Input/output error
tar (grandchild): Error is not recoverable: exiting now

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
/Users/tdg/Documents/Files/installers:updaters/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar: Child returned status 1
/Users/tdg/Documents/Files/installers:updaters/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
Task terminated with status 2

"help" (no quotes) in the body.