[OS X TeX] spellcheck, wasRe: MacOSX-TeX Digest #396 - 08/12/02

Jon Guyer jguyer at his.com
Tue Aug 13 15:43:02 CEST 2002

At 3:31 PM +0200 8/13/02, Gérard Degrez wrote:

>That's what I had intuitively guessed. And the issue will become all
>the more crucial when Rick Zaccone transforms Excalibur into a
>service, as he has said he intended to, as then both Excalibur and
>CocoAspell will be services.

I don't see what's so crucial. Rick said he plans to drop Word
Services in favor of NeXT "Services". Alpha doesn't use Word
Services. It just sends the whole document to Excalibur for checking.
I seriously doubt that Rick will disable the ability to spellcheck a
whole document.

I'm not saying that AlphaX/AlphaTk shouldn't support Services. I'm
saying that Apple has a pretty poor track record providing
documentation and access to all this NeXTy stuff.
--

   Jonathan E. Guyer
   <http://www.his.com/jguyer/>

"help" (no quotes) in the body.