[OS X TeX] accents

Philippe Lelédy phl at leledy.org
Thu Apr 18 16:27:34 CEST 2002

Le jeudi 18 avril 2002, à 09:58 AM, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

>>> TeXShop in Pdftex mode displays letters with accents  \`a \'n
>>> correctly
>>> but printing is messed up. I switched to TeX - Ghostscript
>>> and printed the ps file. Everything was as it supposed to be.
>>> Is this a limitation of Pdftex, TeXShop, OS X, or what?

For me (french) it was always OK, with preview or Acrobat 5, but I think
it depends heavily on package used.

Here are my only two \usepackage

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[french]{babel}

But I have to say that prior to installing CM-super, I had to add

\usepackage{ae}

I use iTeXMac which is very nice with input encoding.
Now, with iTeXMac, my default  input encoding is Latin1, and accentued
letters are typed directly as in any other application.  Doing so my
input file is UNIX compatible (but display badly on BBedit for instance).
Would I like to be more Mac than Unix, iTeXMac let me reverse to Mac
encoding, but  TeX has to be noticed of that by

\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}

Salutations.

"help" (no quotes) in the body.