[OS X TeX] ps2pdf

Michael Murray mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Thu Apr 4 13:28:52 CEST 2002

>Pardon me if this is answered before.
>
>In Linux, I convert a ps file to pdf with ps2pdf from the shell
>prompt with the following command:
>
>   ps2pdf <input.ps> <output.pdf>
>
>I couldn't do it from shell prompt in the Mac OSX. Can anyone tell
>me how to do this in OS X?
>
>I have teTeX and MacGhostview installed.
>
>Many thanks in advance for assistance.
>
>--
>Radhakrishnan

Hi

The same thing should work in OSX.

In the terminal type

which ps2pdf

where ps2pdf

If the computer can't find them but they are installed there
is something wrong with your paths.

In mine I get

computer[user]% which ps2pdf
/sw/bin/ps2pdf
computer[user]% where ps2pdf
/sw/bin/ps2pdf
/usr/local/bin/ps2pdf
computer[user]%

If you don't want to use the command line then drag and
drop onto the copy of ps2pdf that comes with MacGhostView

Michael
Assoc/Prof Michael Murray
Department of Pure Mathematics       Fax: 61+ 8 8303
3696
University of Adelaide             Phone: 61+ 8 8303 4174
Australia  5005      Email: mmurray at maths.adelaide.edu.au
Home Page: http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray
PGP public key:
http://www.maths.adelaide.edu.au/pure/mmurray/pgp.txt