[OS X TeX] TeXShop & BibTeX

Tore Haug-Warberg haugwarb at chembio.ntnu.no
Wed Apr 3 16:29:37 CEST 2002

Hi,

If there is no reason for the opposite, I suggest that .aux files can be
opened by TeXShop, and that BibTeX is the (only) program to be selected in
this case. The necessity of this feature may of course be debated, but
there is at least one package (footbib) which generates a non-standard .aux
file (.fb.aux). Since files other than .aux are not recognized by TeXShop,
this artifact forces me to open a terminal window and run BibTeX manually
>from the prompt. It is, after all, slightly misleading to run BibTeX on a
.tex file, but I'm not sure the TeXShop community will accept to open an
.aux file every time they want to run BibTeX (allthough I think this would
be a more logical operation).

Tore.

Tore Haug-Warberg (ass. prof.) Fax: +47-7359-4080
Dept. of Chemical Engineering Phone: +47-7359-4108
Norwegian Univ. Science and Techn. Home: +47-3551-2190
N-7491 Trondheim e-mail: Tore.Haug-Warberg at chemeng.ntnu.no
NORWAY
"help" (no quotes) in the body.