[OS X TeX] [ANN] New release of LaTeX enhanced mac-emacs

Gérard Degrez degrez at vki.ac.be
Fri Apr 12 10:04:24 CEST 2002

>I haven't paid much attention to this thread, but I don't think you
>should follow this advice. In case you have installed one of my
>distributions, the PATH is already set that way in the global tcsh
>init files.

/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current is indeed in the PATH.
and running pdflatex from the terminal window works without problem.
And I understand that the launching of the pdflatex executable by the
"pdfLaTeX" item in the Emacs "Command" popup menu is specified by the
instruction
(list "pdfLaTeX" "pdflatex '\\nonstopmode\\input{%t}'" 'TeX-run-LaTeX nil t)
in the file Contents/MacOS/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.el, right?

So, I get back to my original question: what's wrong?

By the way, here is the error message I get at startup:
An error has occurred while loading `/Users/grarddeg/.emacs':

Wrong type argument: symbolp, (ascii mac-roman-lower mac-roman-upper)

Gérard Degrez

"help" (no quotes) in the body.