[OS X TeX] i-installer questions

Zachary Davis zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Wed Apr 10 17:19:59 CEST 2002

Wednesday, 10 April 2002

Gerben,

I had a couple questions for you about the i-installer program.  This
morning after reading your announcement of the updates to the TeX
programs, I went ahead and launched i-installer.  However, neither TeX
Programs, TeX Foundation, nor GS 6 needed updating according to the
installer.

Also, I was wondering about gs7.  I manually removed gs6 and installed
gs7 via i-installer and the url  you provided a few days ago.  However,
when I go to run my i-installer, that particular package doesn't show up
again with the main three.  This is somewhat unfortunate, because I'm
not good at remembering urls and copying and pasting these urls into the
Open URL field of i-installer doesn't work.  You are required to type
the entire thing out, for i-installer to recognize the url.  It would be
nice if there were a way to have the gs7 package start-up with the other
three packages.

Finally, I did check to see if the  basic i-installer package last
night, and it said it needed updating.  Additionally, gs7 needed
updating this morning.

Thanks,

Zachary S. Davis
Department of Aerospace Engineering
University of Texas at Arlington
P.O. Box 19032
Arlington, TX 76019

Home:    (817) 272-6418            zsd3711 at gamma2.uta.edu
Office:     (817) 272-5269

          “Genius, that power that dazzles mortal eyes,
	  is oft but perseverance in disguise."

			--Henry Willard Austin
"help" (no quotes) in the body.