[OS X TeX] foo.map files

Adrian Heathcote adrian.heathcote at philosophy.usyd.edu.au
Fri Apr 19 16:08:42 CEST 2002

I am trying to load Agaramond so that it works with GW's TeX
distribution. I've successfully loaded it into CMacTeX and it works
fine---mainly because Tom Kiffe helpfully supplied the pad.map file
adapted for his system.

But with teTeX I have a problem. I have loaded the vf files, the type I
.pfb files, the .sty files, and the tfm files into the right places, but
I need to change the pdf.cfg and add the pad.map file. (All of which is
transparent under CMacTeX because you edit these files directly from
within CMacTeX.) Can someone tell me how to

1) edit pdf.cfg (and maybe also config.ps)
2) where to add pad.map---in particular, so that future updates to teTeX
don't wash it away.

I'd be happier not having to do these things from Terminal---but if it
must be, then it must be.

Thanks in advance for any help

Adrian Heathcote

"help" (no quotes) in the body.