[OS X TeX] Eucal package

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Apr 17 14:24:58 CEST 2002

Adrian Heathcote wrote:

> Hi
>
> I want to use \mathscr to produce a script H, (for Hilbert Space), and
> it requires the eucal package---or so Diller's book says. But it doesn't
> appear to be in teTeX. Does anyone know how to access the package---and
> if not, what is a good way to produce a script letter form in math mode?

This has been a sore spot in TeX for a very long time. The \cal font is
useless, and the eucal stuff is not much better. True math script
letters are provided by Ralph Smith's rsfs fonts that are a
quasi-standard. The calrsfs and mathrsfs styles provide two slightly
different ways to use them. All this is usually contained in teTeX. I have

texmf/fonts/source/public/rsfs/
texmf/tex/latex/jknappen/mathrsfs.sty
texmf/tex/latex/misc/calrsfs/

--