[OS X TeX] Positioning within preview window in TeXShop

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Tue Apr 9 18:46:56 CEST 2002

Is there a way to teach TeXShop to open a document at a fixed position
within the preview window?

More clearly: for the moment, every time I open a .tex file the
corresponding .pdf file is shown with the lower left corner of the
preview window corresponding to the lower left corner of the first page
of the .pdf document. Is it possible to change this?

Though this behaviour is not really an annoyance, it would be helpful
(in my case) if TeXShop could open the .pdf file with some user-defined
portion of the page shown in the preview window, not necessarily the
lower left portion; or maybe simply if TeXShop could remember how the
page was positioned in the preview window the last time this file was
opened. Ditto for remembering the page number.

My reason for suggesting this: I am working on a document where the text
occupies only a relatively small portion of each page (publisher's
instructions). I enlarged the scale to 150 % and reduced the preview
window to approximately half-screen size, so about half the page is
shown in it. Then, every time I open the document, I must re-position
the text within the window. Again, not really an annoyance, but...

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.