[OS X TeX] Texshop problems

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Sun Apr 7 20:11:37 CEST 2002

On 4/7/02 2:06 PM, "M. Tamer Özsu" <tozsu at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I was indeed using GS 7. I removed it using i-install. However, when I try
> to install GS 6, for a bunch of files I am getting the following error:
>
> /Applications/Utilities/i-Installer.app/Contents/Resources/gnutar:
> share/ghostscript/fonts/s050000l.pfb: Could not create file: Permission
> denied
>
> The result output is the same.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I have been through all this before too. :-)

My guess is that you need to install it as root, use pseudo.app (which works
very nicely) or grab the authenticating installer from Gerben's web site:

<ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/TeX-thin.dmg>

Any of those options should work (I have tried all of them at one time or
another).

--
Gary

"help" (no quotes) in the body.