[OS X TeX] searching mailing list archives

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Mon Apr 1 02:13:47 CEST 2002

On 3/31/02 5:52 PM, "hills_tex at tina.stanford.edu"
<hills_tex at tina.stanford.edu> wrote:

> As a new subscriber, I'd welcome any suggestions for searching the archives.
>
> the google search on the archives page seems to have problems--it isn't
> finding much in the 2002 digests, and I'm getting warning messages:
> e.g., on a search for "fonts illustrator" I get:
>
> "fonts" (and any subsequent words) was ignored because we limit queries to
>         10 words.
> "www" is a very common word and was not included in your search.
>

> Thanks,
> Matt
> (trying to avoid asking questions that must surely have cropped up a few
> times)

I am afraid that for now, we are at the mercy of how often the Google-bots
look for new stuff. I would think that some 2002 stuff should be showing up.

I am hoping to have all the archives at a more searchable location some time
in the future. In fact, I hope to have it available on the tug.org Mailing
Lists.

-- Gary

"help" (no quotes) in the body.