[OS X TeX] PDF full-screen viewer and other tools

Ullrich Steiner u.steiner at chem.rug.nl
Tue Apr 2 17:28:06 CEST 2002

I downloaded your viewer.  Good work.  But given the limitations of
Quartz, I doubt whether it is usable for presentations.

1.   Included QuickTime movies don't work (a must for me!)

2.  Some of the typesetting is not rendered correctly

3. For some reason, the pages of my presentations are shifted by about
1/3 of a page to the right.  This must be a bug of the "presenter" since
they display correctly in the previewer.

I guess we are stuck with Acrobat until Apple fixes and extends Quartz.

- Ulli

On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 05:11 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> Hi listers,
>
> A while back the crappy display of line-art by Acrobat was mentioned on
> this list. Someone mentioned that Quartz does this much better. I
> figured it should be a one-liner to create a viewer that is good enough
> to give presentations through quartz. If you take into account that I
> am a Ph.d. student in physics (and therefore count as 1, 2, many...),
> it was indeed a one-liner...;-)
>
> You can find this _limited_ program on
> 	http://www.nat.vu.nl/~sneep/newsletter_answer.php?id=28
>
> (See the link near the top of the page).
>
> Limitations:
> - Only uses the main screen for display.
> - Once in full screen mode, you can't go back to window-mode, your
> option is to quit the program. The program will not crash, but getting
> back to windowing mode without crashing ws not possible for me. Anyone?
> - fancy page transitions are not supported. This may be a blessing ;-)
> - Read the help-file for all options. The help is displayed at the
> first start-up and can be reached from the help menu. Please
> familiarize yourself with the program before using is in front of a
> group...
>
> In the package you'll find some other tools as well: a colorselector
> and a ris2bib. Information is included in the dmg and on the page.
>
> Please report typo's, bugs and solutions to me: sneep at nat.vu.nl
>
> Take care,
>
> Maarten Sneep

> "help" (no quotes) in the body.