[OS X TeX] Texshop problems

M. Tamer =?ISO-8859-1?B?1g==?=zsu tozsu at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 7 19:12:52 CEST 2002

I've used Gerben Wierda's program to install tetex, gs7, etc. I also
installed TeXShop. I am working on an old project, so I am going
tex+ghostscript. A few problems that may be due to wrong settings and I am
hoping someone may be able to help. First the file:

\documentclass{acm_proc_article-sp} (never mind the class file, it is the
                                     same with simple article)
\usepackage{epsfig}
\begin{document}

    \begin{figure}[ht!]
    \centering
    \includegraphics[width=9cm]{../Figures/dialog_2.eps}
     \caption{Three types of shots in a DS} % {Figure {1}}
    \label{fig1}
    \end{figure}

Here are the problems I am having:

1. The paper is being typeset for A4
2. The pdf file that is displayed in Preview does not contain any text other
than title, author information, section/subsection headings and figures.
There are scattered "ff"s on the pages.
3. When I look at the postscript file using MacGhostViewX, it shows the text
allright, but none of the included eps figures.
4. When I convert the ps to pdf using MacGhostViewX, the result is the same
as described under (2).
5. When I look at the generated pdf file using Acrobat Reader 5, it is
perfectly fine, the figures are in place, the text is in place, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.
--
M. Tamer Ozsu
University of Waterloo