[OS X TeX] Re: OzTeX can't find BBEdit

Bruno Voisin Bruno.Voisin at hmg.inpg.fr
Thu Apr 25 14:57:32 CEST 2002

Le jeudi 25 avril 2002, à 02:21 PM, Adrian Heathcote a écrit :

>> What's so hard about booting OS 9?
>
> There is a problem booting up too frequently in OS9, as I have just
> discovered. [...]

There are other problems, too, about rebooting.

At present I am running Mathematica calculations which take about six
days to complete (calculating a velocity field on a 133 X 133 grid) in
the background on my G4, while doing usual desktop work on it. It is
thus crucial for me to work in OS X, which doesn't crash, and not to
reboot, otherwise I am just losing several days' work in one go. (OK, I
set up Mathematica so that it writes all 133 X 133 results to an
external file as they are obtained, but still there are problems if I
have to restart the calculation.)

Bruno Voisin

"help" (no quotes) in the body.