[OS X TeX] [ANN] New release of LaTeX enhanced mac-emacs

Enrico Franconi franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
Sat Apr 13 01:59:00 CEST 2002

On April 12, Gérard Degrez writes:
> >>  I haven't paid much attention to this thread, but I don't think
> >>  you should follow this advice. In case you have installed one of
> >>  my distributions, the PATH is already set that way in the global
> >>  tcsh init files.

Yes, but for some obscure reason, few people do not still see the path
>from within applications. In fact:

> As I just mentioned in an off-line mail to Enrico, I think I found
> out the explanation.
> /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current is included in
> /usr/share/init/tcsh/login, not in /usr/share/init/tcsh/rc, so that
> the path is included in a login shell but not in a shell launched by
> a program.

In other cases adding to the file /usr/share/init/tcsh/rc the setting
of the path did solve the problem. This is just empirical evidence
which I cannot explain (in fact, in these hard-to-solve cases, even
the personal rc file is NOT loaded).
So, I would suggest these people to add the path in
/usr/share/init/tcsh/rc and tell us whether they suceeded.

cheers
-- e.

Enrico Franconi                     - franconi at cs.man.ac.uk
University of Manchester            - http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~franconi/
Department of Computer Science      - Phone: +44 (161) 275 6170
Manchester M13 9PL, UK              - Fax:   +44 (161) 275 6204

"help" (no quotes) in the body.