[OS X TeX] accents

Martin Stokhof stokhof at hum.uva.nl
Thu Apr 18 00:43:16 CEST 2002

At 17:33 -0400 on 17/04/02, Jan Rosinski wrote:

>TeXShop in Pdftex mode displays letters with accents  \`a \'n correctly
>but printing is messed up. I switched to TeX - Ghostscript
>and printed the ps file. Everything was as it supposed to be.
>Is this a limitation of Pdftex, TeXShop, OS X, or what?
>
>Jan Rosinski
This is a bug in the pdf rendering of Quartz, the OS X display
engine. The workaround is to print pdf files through Acrobat, which
uses its own rendering mechanism.

The bug has been reported to Apple, but I suppose it won't hurt if
you file another bug report.

Martin Stokhof

"help" (no quotes) in the body.