[OS X TeX] Problems with footbib & footmisc

Tore Haug-Warberg haugwarb at chembio.ntnu.no
Wed Apr 3 16:33:19 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have encountered some problems with the packages "footbib" and "footmisc".
Footbib complains that "output routine of LaTeX changed" and footmisc winds
up in an endless loop when used with option "para". In the manual it is
explicitly stated that footmisc does not go along with packages that change
the output from LaTeX so I thought maybe the two problems are connected.
Can anyone tell me what the problem(s) might be? What I fear (and it would
really kill me) is to learn that there has been made changes to LaTeX that
are incompatible with (not only footbib and footmisc but) other packages as
well.

Tore.

Tore Haug-Warberg (ass. prof.) Fax: +47-7359-4080
Dept. of Chemical Engineering Phone: +47-7359-4108
Norwegian Univ. Science and Techn. Home: +47-3551-2190
N-7491 Trondheim e-mail: Tore.Haug-Warberg at chemeng.ntnu.no
NORWAY

PS. From another mail list I quote this solution to the footbib problem (it
works):