[OS X TeX] MacDviX problems

Kaveh Bazargan kaveh at focalimage.com
Wed Apr 10 17:47:07 CEST 2002

I desparately need some 'newbie' support please.

I have TeTeX and GhostScript installed. I have also installed MacDviX. I
have set what I think are the correct search paths.

Every time I start up MacDviX, it says:

=========

Search paths for tfm files:
<.>
<Kaveh/Library/teTeX/share/texmf/fonst/tfm>

=========

and similarly for hundreds of lines.

When I open a .dvi, I get

=========

Looking for <Kaveh:Library:teTeX:share:texmf:fonts:pk:.... .270pk>
=========

again for hundreds of lines. It is quite slow, as it if is doing something,
not just looking. Looks like it is repeating some of the fonts, as this
takes a huge amount of time. It's been going for half an hour now so I'll
kill it.

Help please?
--

Kaveh Bazargan