[OS X TeX] metapost + context

Gerben Wierda sherlock at rna.nl
Tue Apr 9 16:27:58 CEST 2002

A part of the reason for this, I have located (by method of lucky
guess), and a workaround.

The reason seems to be that fmtutil creates either mptopdf.efmt or
metafun.mem (probably) in such a way that mpost crashes. I do not know
why (yet).

A workaround is to do the following in an empty directory:

	mkdir youremptydir
	cd youremptydir
	sudo texexec --make
	sudo mv *.efmt *.mem /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c

This gets the formats as created by texexec in your format directory.
After that, it works here.

On Tuesday, April 9, 2002, at 05:47 , flip phillips wrote:

> Greetings- sorry to folks on both the ConTeXt and OS X TeX list for the
> repetition.
>
> Recently, I did a nice clean install of teTeX via the i-Installer
> mechanism. Now, I'm trying to build one of my presentations via
> ConTeXt's presentation mechanism. ConTeXt generates the metapost files
> just fine. I can get them to metapost by doing mpost -mem=metafun xxx.mp
>
> However, when TeX shop / texexec tries to metapost them mpost crashes
> w/ an address violation (I have crash logging on in Console.app)
>
> This is strange, it will metapost fine manually, but not from within
> tetex. I checked the shell_escape variable in texmf.cfg (there are two,
> one in web2c and another in the highest level), set them to 't' (both
> to be sure).
>
> Anyone with any ideas here?
>
> --
> flip phillips