[OS X TeX] vfinst config?

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at mac.com
Sat Apr 13 20:58:12 CEST 2002

I decided to see if I could figure out how to use vfinst.  According to
the instructions, one needs to configure the vfinst.par file for one's
installation.  The relevant section is:

## If you are running a `traditional' TeX system, you'll need to
## supply the following information...

          $vfmapdir   =
"/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/dvips/config/psfonts.map"
          $myroot = "e:/texmf/tdsoff"; # some shorthand...
          $vfinputs   = "$myroot/inputs"; # Where do fd files belong?
          $vfvf       = "$myroot/vf";  # where do vf's go?
          $vftfm      = "$myroot/tfm"; # and tfm's?
          $vfpsfonts  = "$myroot/psfonts"; # where are all the outline
fonts?
          $vfafm      = "$myroot/afm"; # ...and the matching afm's?

My question is how to configure this.  I figured out the psfonts.map
bit, and I assume I'd want to specify the texmf tree for most of the
other settings.  Anything more I should know?  And what about "myroot"?

Finally, what about?

          $vfenc      = "OT1";  # or maybe "ot1" or "T1" or "t1"

Thanks,
Bruce

"help" (no quotes) in the body.